Infants left rib bone is bigger than the other one, pain, swelling down her head. Reason?

I noticed about a month ago that my one year, one month old baby s left rib bone is bigger than the other one. I have pressed it several times to see if there would be some pain but she does not show any sign of pain. She eats and plays normally. I noticed a swelling down her head a few months after giving birth to her. She shows no sign of pain whenever I press it. I showed it to the doctor and he said I should leave it, it will go on its own.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013