Infant's finger smashed in door, nail ribbed off, finger stitched. Will it heal, grow normally?

my daughter is a 4 months infant , last night she smashed her finger with the house door , and the upper part of her finger has ribbed off including her nail and a piece of flesh , we went to ER and the Doctor stitched the finger and told me to go back 3 days later , my question is: is it going to heal normally and the finger will grow normally , and if not what would happen to the finger in the future?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012