Infant's dis-solvable stitches on outside lip have fallen due to excessive drooling. Will early fall cause problems?

My 17 month old had 6 dissolvable stitches on her outside lip and one on the inside. I was told to try to leave the sterry strips on for a week but they fell off almost immediately due to the excessive drooling from teething . There is only 1 stitch left. Is that a problem that they came out in 24 hours? I ve tried several different bandages but they all got soaked and fall off. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012