Infant's diet has decreased, has green loose motions, excessive sleep due to medicines. Advise on quantity of milk to be fed?

hi my son is 2.5 month old and is on top feed, earlier he used to take approx 550ml milk daily. However for past 1 week his diet was decreased to 250 ml per day and hw was passing loose stool sometimes green in color and sometimes yellow in color. I was advised to give nutrolin b syrup 2.5 ml twice for 5 days. Its being 2 days he is still not come up to his regular diet (now taking 400 ml daily) and sleeps a lot. pls advice ans also guise how much milk infants for his age should drink daily.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Hi and thanks for the query,
Infants of this age can drink about 40 to 60 ml per feed. This is not a rule and depends on the individual baby.If the child is gaining weight normally, passing urine and stool normally, then you need not worry. Feeds change with illness also.Please do not give any water will sugar, gripe water or other such things as they will decrease the amount of milk taken by child, If you are giving formula feed, stool may be green if the feed contains iron. You need to worry about green stool if it is associated with mucus, foul smelling or blood stained.
Hope you are reassured.