1. Infantigo is a skin rash very common between 2-6 years, another term used to describe it is Impetigo caused by skin bacteria : streptococci strain/ staphylococcus infection
2. Choice of treatment will be oral or topical antibiotic
[amoxicillin in your case] and since you got allergic reaction
to it [hives and itching], doctor prescribed you 'predizone' [prednisolone
, steroid] which suppress allergic phenomenon.
3. steroids should be gradually withdrawn when the general condition of the patient improves [reason for giving it for 12 more days]
4. since they inhibit the immunological response,make sure they have not flared up any opportunistic infection
[viral or fungal], or made your body susceptible to infection. [since the rash is breaking out, probably it is spreading]
5. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist
and get prescribed oral antibiotics
. since the answer is based on the medical information provided, thus it is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations, as such you are requested to consult your doctor.
. use a clean washcloth and towel and do not share your towels,clothing, razors,and and other personal care products, also wash your hands thoroughly after touching the skin lesions.
. check with baseline investigations like blood sugar, chest X -ray, renal function tests] for any secondary disease.