Infant with white strings in stools, had hard stools with blood stain. On solid foods and formula. Worrisome?

My 9 month old son is formula fed and has been on solids since he was 4 months. He always has several white like strings in his stool at first I thought it could be worms but the dr said she didn t think that was it. The strings don t move but they worry me and almost resemble a squeezed pimple/potatoe spuds. He just had another bowel movement and this time it wasnt clumps or pellets nor was it diarrhea bc it was thicker in texture but nt enough to where he was straining himself and when I went to wipe him there was bright red blood on te wet wipe!!! Plus the several white like strifs throughout his stool. Please tell me what you think this is Annie I should call te dr?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012