Frequent motions in children is divided into 3 groups
1. Dehydration: There will be marked reduction in urine out put. ( Child should pass urine 4 to 6 times per day in this age. Quantity is not that important. frequency is) . There will be marked reduction in activity. Eyes will lack tears and tongue will not have saliva. If these are present, then no dehydration and no danger
2. Loose motion
with blood is indication for antibiotic. Or stools with high fever
and mucus.If these are absent we need not give antibiotic
3. The following ten points are normal at this age
a. passing within half an hour of an feed
b. green colour
c. white threads
f. straining while passing motion or pain
g. anus redness
i. passing small qunatity
j. Sometimes bad smell.
I think your child is in the no drug category. But your doctor knows the best
What is cold?
1. Running nose
2. often cough
3. nose tip redness due to cleaning
4. ears painful to touch or pus in the ear
5. big glands in the neck below the ear
If there is fast breathing doctors will give antibiotic to treat the same.
Sneeze, nose block will require nasal drops
Most important, give only breast milk for the first 180 days of life