Infant with thick sticky stool, breast fed only. Is it normal?

I have a 3 month old son who is breastfed only and for 1 week now has been having large amount of meconium like stools once a day (thick,sticky, dark brown to black in appearance). Not coffeground stool and not visible blood . Prior he was having mustard to green seedy stool 3 times a day. He is acting normal, maybe a lil gassy, not fussy, no fever ,eating well otherwise. Nothing has changed in my diet . I did contact pediatrician office and they didn t seemto concerned. Just need reassurance that this can be normal.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012