Infant with teeth eruptions, has increase in frequency of motions, greenish stools occasionally. Normal stool test results, giving nutrolin-B but no amendments. Suggestive treatment?

Hi, My daughter is 9 months old, now her teeth are coming, so from the last 5 days she is having motions 4-5 times in day, in the morning the motions looks fine, but after evening she going 3--4 times motions and green in colour, I also done stool test and reports are fine. We are giving nutrolin-B as recommended by our doctor. But she is still going motion for 4-5 times... Any recommendations from you
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Hi there,

It is perfectly normal for infants to have up to 8 motions per day. Greenish stools are due to variation in diet, particularly when- during teething- the infant refuses to eat, and subsists on milk only.

Do not worry: the stools will normalize once teething is over. During teething, the infant tries to bite whatever he comes across. It is common for the infant to bite an infected item/toy or the teether.

As such, the stool test is normal. You have not mentioned if the stool culture was done for bacteria/fungus? In which case, a short course of antibiotics / antigungals will suffice. Encourage the child to eat semi-liquids, such as porridge etc..

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal