Infant with swollen legs after taking shots. Redness in the knee area. Warm compresses done. What other symptoms to look out for?

My 2 mo old grandson was given shots in both his legs together as routine checkup. Only his right leg has swollen twice as big as the other, red as a tomato, warm to touch and the redness is his entire thigh to his knee area. When my daughter called the Pediatrician they said I could go to the ER or put warm compresses on it and if it helps then wait and come in the morning. What signs or other things should I consider before the morning?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013