Infant with swollen gums, foul breath and gum bleeding. Gingivitis diagnosed. Need a second opinion

My 10 month old woke up one morning with red, swollen gums , foul-smelling breath, and whenever I try to brush her teeth , she cries and her gums start to bleed a little. Previously she had pearly white teeth which I brushed regularly. She is very cranky, no longer sleeps well at night, and isn t eating as much as normal. I took her to the E.R and was told she has gingivitis . I am seeking a second opinion. -Jasmine
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013