Infant with spots below the skin on the cheeks. Lump formation. What is it?

My baby boy aged 8 1/2 months has had some spots and some black heads. One reddish spot has now become a dark mark below the skin, on his cheek, and when you feel it there's a lump. There's still a red spot mark on the cheek too. I've been to doctor who agrees it's spots. I am so worried about it though. I hate it and want it to go!!
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013

Your baby is likely to be suffering from hyper pigmentation post infection which will disappear with time.
However you mentioned a lump below the skin lesion ; maybe the infection has not yet got corrected.
Does the skin lump painful on touch ? If it is then you need to get him examined again by his doctor for oral antibiotics or topical cream.
There is a limitation on diagnosing skin condition on mere history one needs to have a closer look,hence kindly get in touch with his doctor.