Infant with severe diarrhea, suspicion of rota-virus infection, prescribed medicines. When will symptoms improve?

sir,i m a radiologist,my 6 and a half month bay is having severe diarrhoea(passing watery stools with mild yellowness every 1/2 to one hour)).I shown to one pediatrician ,she is suspecting rotavirus infection-gave some probiotics,colimex-df,cefixime(as he is having perianal rashes ).today is 3rd day of diarrhea but this treatment started from today morning only....pls suggest whe will his symptoms improve ? thanx
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012