Infant with severe coughing, given Nebulizer with Asthalin. Is it the right treatment?

Hi my son is 6-month old, and has been coughing for almost a month, no wheezing heard, but phlegms stopped him from eating. I consulted a Ped today, my son is given nebulizer with asthalin 4 times x 2 doses a day, budecort 2 times x 2 doses a day, for a long period of 3 months. May I know if it s really necessary to continue the nebulization for such a long period. Are asthalin and budecort safe for small babies, for continuous intake of 3 months?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013