Infant with red spots in ears. Applied topical steroids and emollient. Not cured. Treatment?

My 5 month old daughter s had red spots upon her ears. The doctor prescribed her an anti fungal treatment plus later topical steroids and emollient for face as she also had some red and dry spots on it. I applied as prescribed and all is gone but after one or two days come back again and skin on her face is even more dry now and she also has irritated skin behind her ears and rubbing her face and eyes from time to time. What could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013