Infant with rd blotches over the body, get raw on scratching, diagnosed as contact dermatitis. What could it be?

I have a 6 month old baby boy who has been battling with red blotches all over his body. They started when he was about 4 months old, and continue to cause him to scratch so bad that the spots become raw. It started on his face, hands and back of his knees, now he has blotches on his tummy and back. We have seen a derm in my hometown, and he diagnosed him with contact dermatitis , but i thought maybe a milk allergy .....
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012