Infant with rash on the upper thigh, started with a bump that transformed into red sores and blisters on squeezing, no pain, suspicion of herpes. What could it be?

my 8 month old little girl has some kind of rash on her upper left thigh. it started as a pimple looking bump, i squeezed it, next morning it was about 4 little blister looking bumps. Now it is a gluster of red sores and little blisters, area the size of a quarter. First doctor said, shingles ,(cant be that), now some kind of herpes . what could it be? she is in no pain.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012