Infant with raised body temperature, spots on the body. Any idea what it is?

HI, my 15 month old baby has got a hot head and body but no signs of a fever. he has had a few spots on his torso recently but as we live in spain we put it down to bites, after a day they disappeared. he's also very irritable and when he cries the skin on his back blotches very slightly, can you give me any indication as to what the problem may be and any solution. many thanks
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Thank you for your query.

It is very normal for the head and body to be warmer than the peripheries (arms and legs) as vital organs are present there and are being constantly perfused with blood. You need to worry only if the there is fever which can be measured by the thermometer.

If the rash has disappeared then you need not worry about it. I will not worry about the blotching that you mention.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal