Infant with high fever, tests should lower tlc, poly levels after treatment. Cause of reduction in poly?

sir, my 10 months old son was suffering from high fever . tlc indicated 0000 and poly 46, post medication , the tlc has come down to 0000, but poly has also come to 19, this report was given when the child had still fever. Post medication with antibotics, the fever has subsided and doctor has advised us to take baby home without a further test to confirm tlc, dlc. my query is why poly has come down to 19
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012