Infant with hard lump below distal sternum, protruding slightly through the skin. Suggestion?

Hi, my 5 month baby has a pea sized fairly hard lump just below the centre of her distal sternum. It is not something I hve noticed before & is fairly prominent at times, mostly when lying on r back & appears mobile on breath movements. It also seems to come and go & can t be palates all the time. Doesn t seem uncomfortable but perhaps not just herself today?I imagine I would have certainly noticed it before if it had been there. At times it can be seen actually protruding slightly through the skin.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013