Infant with glassy eyed stare, makes him look as if he is not seeing. Suggestion?

my 11/2 month old grand child has a glassy eyed stare. Makes him look as if he is not seeing, or just very mellow and saintly. His sister always had old grownn-up knowing eyes from day one.. how can there be so much difference? My son , his father , never had glassy eyes, nor anyone else in my family. what does it mean? He is so serene and mellow that I have named him the next Pope!! Is he seeing anything.? He should be distinquishing forms at this stage, no????? Curious, almost concerned grandmother.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern and this needs to be examined. I suggest that you request your doctor to examine the eyes for the pupillary reflexes and, if required, to get an eye specialist to look at the child. At this age your grandson should be able to distinguish family members especially the mother.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your grandson all the best.