Infant with frequent skin infection near buttocks, diagnosed as ecoli. What should be done?

My 5 month old has an infection of the skin near the buttocks . We was first at the hospital where they determined that it was staph and sent us home with some antibiotics taken orally and a topical cream. The area was almost completely healed when a head formed again and popped. The local clinic has now determined that his infection is e.coli . What do we need to do to get this cleared up once and for all
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012