Infant with frequent loose stools, green color. Taking zinconia. What could be causing this?

HI DOCTOR, MY 6 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER SUFFERED FROM FREQUENT LOOSE STOOL (15 EPISODE) OCCASIONALLY GREEN IN COLOUR ON FEB 21ST. SHE WAS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL ON FEB 24TH FOR IV FLUIDS ADMINISTRATION .SHE WAS ALSO TREATED WITH SYP.BACTRIUM 2.5ML OD(GN FOR 5 DAYS), SYP .ZINCONIA,DAROLAC SACHET(GN. FOR 3 DAYS), RASH FREE OINTMENT, INJECTION .EMESET GIVEN IN THE HOSPITAL.BABY IMPROVED WELL AND DISCHARGED ON 26TH. BUT NOW FOR PAST TWO DAYS SHE WAS HAVING LOOSE STOOL IN LITTLE AMT WITH GREEN IN COLOUR TWO HOUR ONCE.SHE FEEDS WELL AND SOMETIMES ACTIVE SOMETIMES TIRED AND GOES FOR SLEEPING..DR ADVICED ME TO GIVE ZINCONIA FOR 10 DAYS ALONE. I AM CONTINUING WTIH THAT.PLEASE ADVICE ON THE PROBS MY CHILD WAS FACING?I AM WORRIED ABT HER HEALTH?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is understandable to be concerned.
Bile is the pigment that is responsible for the green colour you are seeing, though in some persons it may be related to their diet and the use of medication.
Normally as stool passes through the intestine the bile changes so the stool eventually looks brown, in the case of frequent passage of stool, there is not enough time for the bile to be altered.
As a result the stool appears green.

As her bowel movements decrease in frequency, the colour should return to normal.

I hope this helps