Infant with cold, runny nose and cough. Raised reddish lump on the eye. What is it?

My 14 month old daughter had a cold , runny nose and cough for around 5 days. For 3 of them her eyes have also been runny with mucus floating across them and also gathering in the inside corners and along the surface if the lower eyelid and the lower outer corner. Last night her right eye became bloodshot in the outer right corner if her right eye and today I have noticed in the bloodshot area a raised lump. She doesn t seem concerned by it but it is swollen and red and continues to get filled with gunge, especially when sleeping. I have been bathing them wih cotton Pads dipped in cold boiled water and discarding each pad after single use.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013