Infant with a bruised bump on the forehead. Will it go away as she grows?

My 18 month old daughter has a dent on her forehead a month after falling and hitting her head on the steel frame of a children s picnic table. At the time I managed to console her relatively quickly, but a nasty bruise and bump appeared immediately. I put arnica gel on it that day and the bruise went within days so it didn t occur to me to get my daughter seen by a doctor even though I could see this sort of curvy line where the bruise had been. Now every time I look at her I feel upset that i can see this dent and wish there was something I could do about it. I presume there isn t? Also - is there any other issues (non-aesthetic) that could result from this sort of a knock? Does this kind of bone damage ever go away? I get the impression that at 18 months old her head isn t going to reshape....
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013