Infant with Jaundice, low Neutrophils and Lymphocyte count, given phenobarbitone syrup. Suggestion?

hello doc.... this is priya karthikeyan and i am a dental surgeon. my one month old son master.mohith has been diagnosed for jaundice , hence few tests were taken in which his neutrophils count is 25, lymphocyte is 69, in liver function test his sgot is 81 and sgpt is 39 and serum gamma gt is 152. his abdominal scan is also normal..other tests are normal. please explain me the reason for abnormal levels. my pediatrician asked me to give phenobarbitone syrup 2ml twice for a week for mohith. why this medication when his bilirubin total is 10.2 , bilirubin direct is 0.8 , and bilirubin indirect is 9.4 ? please help me....
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013