Infant with Diarrhoea and vomit, tiny bumps on back and rashes. Is it flu?

We had the flu go through our home and our 7 month old was very sick. He had vomitting for 5 days with diarrhea . He is mostly breast milk , with just a few foods introduced. His eating seems to have picked up and is hydrated. The sleeping most of the day has gone to smiles; however he still has diarrhea and is now starting a rash , is it more than viral or flu? (It is not under his arms) Tiny bumps started on his back and this rash is now lightly covering elbows on down, belly, and partially the thighs.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012