Infant with Diarrhea. Have abdominal pain. Given Diorlate. Should I avoid any food as I am nursing?

Dear Doctor, My daughter is 3.5 months old. Weight 5.4kg. She has diarrhea 12 days now! She is passing stool 7-12 times a day. Stool is yellow, watery with lots of mucus (sometimes green). She s lost weight. She had many episodes of abdominal pain , wind and gas pain since she was born, none of drops ever helped. Usually I was breastfeeding with toping up with formula. I was advised to give dioralyte instead of formula top ups and continue only breast feed. I am waiting for stool sample results. Can anything else be done before results are in? Should I avoid any food since I am breastfeeding? Can I re-introduce formula, she seems hungry.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012