Infant vomits clear brown mucus only at night. What does it mean? What should i do?

My 4 month old baby boy just started to vomit a clear brown mucus only happens in the middle of the night starts about 2 hrs after going to bed and he usually vomits maybe 3 times tops. he doesn t do it in the morning, afternoon, or in the evening. this is the 2nd night it has happened. what does it mean and what should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
thanks for asking,
I would like to tell you that to prevent vomiting (regurgitation of feed) in infants it is wise to do burping for 2 to 3 times after each feed . vomiting or regurgitation of small amount of feed in about 1 or 2 tea spoon is not abnormal . there is no relationship of vomiting with day or night timing . better observe of any other symptoms such as whether baby is gaining weight properly or having any fever .
take care...