Infant turning blue on lips, hands and feet. What could be the reason?

my 15 month old granddaughter turns blue - lips, hands & feet. yesterday she was taken to ER where her temp was 34.1c all the nurses and doctors were concerned. they tried to draw blood from her arm and couldn't get any and this made her lower arm turn blue. They ended up squeezing the blood from her toe. After about an hour they sent her home stating they would consult with a mayo pediatrician and come back tomorrow. At the appointment today they determined nothing was wrong - just keep her warm. Her thyroid test was 1.29. any help would be greatly appreciated
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013