Infant suffering from lingering pneumonia. What is the difference from walking and lingering pneumonia?

Hello, my 13 month old son has been batteling Pneumonia for about 2 months now. He has had several treatments of Zithromicin(sp?),he has also been on a breathing treatment since it first started. He had another chest x-ray yesterday and the nurse said he has lingering pneumonia and the doc perscribed him a diff med to start. My questions is, is there a difference between lingering and walking pneumonia? And, is it normal for a child to have it this long after going thru several treatments of meds?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013