Infant suffering from fever, gave 2.5 ml of mefkinf, temperature reduced. Is dosage appropriate?

My son is 23 months and from yesterday he is suffering from fever. Yesterday the temperature was 103.f. Doctor has advice to give codimol- 50 and calpol 120. Yesterday evening I have given calpol 5ml but the temperature did not reduce. After 4 hours again I have given another fever medicine Mefkinf forte syrup (which was earlier prescribed by the doctor) 2.5 ml and the temperature reduced. Today I have also continuing that. Whether the dose of 2.5 ml is appropriate or not? Please advice. I need the answer from a pedqaitric. Sorry do not need the answer form ENT Specialist
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013