Infant suffering from diarrhea and fever. Started with natcure and maxtra. Feeling tired. Advice?

Sir my baby of 15 months is contiously doing loose motion in form of water. nearly 5-7 times a day. we consulted padeiatrician and start medicine of NATCURE / ZINCONIA from last 4 days but at present there is no benifit. she is also having fewer from last night and we started MAXTRA/ AZEE-200 as per consult od pediatrician . Now we are so much worry for her loose motion. she is doing toilet contiously and taking milk as regular but feeling very week. please suggest to control loose motion ASAP. AKHAND-0000
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Hello Akhand and welcome to HCM
Its good that you have started antibiotic but don't know the time period? An oral administration of antibiotic takes about 12-24 hours to get into action. Wait for one day after staring the antibiotic unless the frequency of loose stool increases and your son is unable to take oral fluid. If frequency does't decreases the try to change the antibiotic or admit your child for I.V. administration of antibiotic. follow some precautions:
Keep your son hydrated, use only boiled water or RO filtered water.
Use ORS or electrolyte powder to get rid from electrolyte imbalance.
Give only fresh diet or juice.
Keep a check on urine output if it decreases or stops than immediately rush to ER.
This will surely helps you.
Best Wishes
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Shailja Puri 's  Response
Hello Akandpratap
Continue the medication given by your pediatrician. Keep feeding the baby regularly. If there is no improvement for 1-2 days then visit your pediatrician.
Since the baby is loosing fluids from the body, it is important to replace the fluid and give the baby nutririous food.