Infant suffering from cold and cough, suggested tuspel plus, relent +. Can i give both?

Hello doctor , My 18 month old doctor is suffering from cold and caugh. At nights I. Was severe. Doctor suggested us to use tuspel plus and relent + . It seems both are related to caugh. Can we give both to my daughter. That too on relent + it was clearly mentioned that it is for above two yrs. Please let us know, if we can use thsee two syrups?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Thank you for asking question on health care magic
As you have rightly pointed out both medicines are related to cough.
Tuspel plus is a bronchodilator and an expectorant whereas relent plus contains antihistamie and mucolytic drugs
if your problem is only cold and cough you may continue relent plus.
both syrups need not be given
but a rational alternative is sinarest syrup if associated with fever.
if no fever sinarest AF syrup given 3 times daily.
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Please feel free to ask any more queries if required
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics