Infant spilled comet on ground, has difficulty in swallowing since. What should be done?

i was watching tv and my daughter got into the bottom cubbard and she spilled comet on the ground i caught it right away. i gave her a bath made sure she didnt get any in her eyes and get it off her skin. she had some water and its been about 15 min she didnt seem to swallow any but i am not sure what should i do? she is 13 months old
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

You did a good job by giving a bath to the child which removes the comet from her body surface and eyes.

This action prevents the cleanser entering into the body.

Watch for vomitings and for any abnormal activity.

Consult the emergency as early as possible for the physical examination to rule out any symptoms of swallowing.

If there is swallowing history, stomach wash may be required immediately.

Hope I have answered your query.

Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I can appreciate your concern and am pleased that you have taken the right steps. However you have not mentioned the contents of "comet" for us to give you the correct guidance. You should wait and watch and if any untoward symptoms develop (which should happen) and consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal