Infant sleeping more in day time however for shorter period. Serious? Can i give him solid food?

Hi! My 4 month (and 3 weeks) old baby used to sleep through the night until 2 weeks ago where he started to wake up every 2 hours at night really hungry...i exclusively breastfeed him! Should i start him on solids now or is it better to wait until he s 6 months. Also, he can t sleep more than 30 minutes when he takes his naps...he sleeps 4 times during the day for 30 mins everytime. Is this normal? All the babies i know sleep 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013