Infant s x-ray shows shadowing at bottom of lungs. Excessive phlegm and cough even after medicines. Suggestive remedy?

My daughter is now 15 months old. She started nursery 7 months ago and since she started she's had a terrible cough/cold. Constant antibiotics (every other week) for 3 months. I insisted on further investigation and after chest X-ray, told she has shadowing at bottom of lungs.
Given 4 more weeks of antibiotics but she's still got lots of phlegm and still coughs, (I believe the cough is due to phlegm not asthma... But I'm not in anyway a doctor!)
Have requested a 2nd X-ray be done tomorrow.
Should I be asking for anything else to be looked at or done? I'm not happy with my daughter constantly being on antibiotics but its all I'm given until I'm assertive with my GP.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013