Infant, prescribed antibiotics for chest congestion. Is it safe to repeat it a month?

my baby is one year 4 month old weighs 10 kg ,lost 4 month he gets he got fever and chest infection ,congestion thrice and Taxiom -o dry syrup given on three times ,presently lost week also antibiotic was given ,first time only shown to doctor other times not shown ,he is very active ,but after antibiotic also chest congestion is there,my question is is that antibiotic safe to give for 3 times in 4 month,and cold may take how may days to go in toddler,please help me
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012