Infant passing stool after feeding and have sore abdomen. What is the cause and treatment?

Hi doc, I have a one year old baby . He passes stools mostly after every feed and his bottom becomes really sore . I can t help , but have to make him wear the pamper. He cries with pain whenever him bum hurts. This has been going on for quite some time. he drinks very little water but is a good eater. He has 3 meals with one snack and three times formula. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi I have gone through your complaints. The children will have exaggerated gastro colic reflex which is normal phenomenon.every time after having food they will pass the stool. When they pass we need to attend them as they lead to sore bumps which is due to ammonitis. So frequent checking of their diapers, maintaining their bumpy area dry is an important step. If he is not having any loose stools then there is no need to worry about . Just contact your doctor for that skin treatment.
Thank you. Good day

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query,
Give him lactobacillus sachet for 3 to 4 days,
Give oral rehydration solution sip by sip.
Give coconut water,rice porridge curd.
Decrease amount of milk.
Keep bottom dry,apply mild steroid cream 2 to 3 times,pat with wet cotton gently.
If symptoms persist get him evaluated by pediatrician.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.