Infant not urinating enough. Reddish penis. What to do?

My 10 month old is not urinating as much as he normally does and some times after several hours his diaper is dry, he is drinking 4-6 oz liquids every 3-5 hours, I took him a warm bath and noticed that the head of his penis is a little red. Could that have anything to do with him not peeing as it could hurt he didn t like me to touch his penis
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
probably it is balanophosthitis. this is nothing but infection in the prepucial region. definitely it is a painful condition and associated with painful urination. he needs antibiotic treatment.