Infant, loose motions, red rash over nappy area, prescribed Eumosone cream. Can I use Desitin instead?

Hi i have a 4 month old baby boy who is suffering from, loose motions since the last 4- days.I visited the paediatician on sat evening who prescribed vizylac syrup (2.5ml twicw a day for 6 days ) & ointment Eumosome M fr thr nappy area.She imformrd us that baby has developed an infection & hence the loose motions My baby is only on breastmilk my child is yet passing loose motions (which the doc said may take 6 days to get ok , we ve only complted 2 days since I started the medicine) the day i took him to the paediatrician his nappy area was mild red however was not a bright angry rash .Today after approx 5 applications (since saturday) the rash only seems to be getting redder. The paediatrician had prescribed the oinment without even having a look at the rash. i normally use Desitin for the nappy areas please advise if Desitin will now work as i understand Eumosone is a steroid & the rash is pretty bad
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012