Infant hit head on cot, developed a bump on head with a red scalp. Suggestion?

Yes please, my 4 month old woke and bumped his head on his cot while I was in the shower, I thought I heard him cry, rushed out and it was silent so thought I was hearing things. When I checked on him, he was in the corner of the cot on his tummy, happy to see me but sweating and his scalp was red and had a small dent just behind his soft spot. He did not cry but I am so worried. Kept checking the spot and the redness has faded and the dent disappeared. I m not sure whether or not to use a bumper as I m getting mixed reviews. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Relax,since dent has disappeared and redness has also faded there is nothing to worry.
apply ice over affected area.
But still i suggest you to monitor his activity,feeding pattern,consciousness level,any vomiting or any bleeding for next 24 hours.
In case you observe any take him to ER.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.