Infant having swollen, painful neck, fever, ultrasound showed large mass, visible vein from jawline towards swelling, taken clamycin. Further tests and treatment?

my 1 year old has a swollen Neck. His doctor thinks it s from swollen lymph nodes.This started on sunday and he started to take cephalexin . NO other symptoms on sunday except the swelling and the some irritibality at night. On Tuesday fever started to develop. I took him again, the doctor did an ultrasound and changed his antibiotics to clamycin. The utrlasound showed a large mass that s likley the swollen lymph nodes . He s taken 3 doses so far. I don t see improvement and the swelling isn t smaller. He can t turn his neck with ease, it hurts if touched. The fever still comes. should more tests be run? I noticed that I can see a vein runnig from his mouth along the jaw line on the same side as the swelling-but it doesn t reach the swelling, it stops half way thorugh the jawline. Could this be linked to the swelling? or it is visible b/c of fatigue/lack of good sleep. Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012