Infant having severe cough, nasal block, prescribed cepodum. Is it safe?

Dear Dr, Greetings! My daughter is 8 months and 16 days old. She has a bad cough and blocked nose since last thursday. Her Dr gave her antibiotic syrup Mox 5 ml three times a day, syrup solvin 2.5 ml three times a day. She had only 2 dose of syrup mox on thur night and friday morning. Her cough increased on sunday so on monday we went back to the doc who changed her antibiotic to cepodum 50 mg - 5 ml twice a day. we have given her the same for the 3rd day today. Along with solvin and protussa cough syrup . i want to know is cepodum safe for her age? many thanks, Manasi
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012