Infant having red, itchy spots on scalp, applied antiseptic cream, only some improvement. Any suggestions?

Hi, my baby is 9 month old and about 2 months ago he red spots with pus in them developed on the top of his head. I went to the doctor twice and she precribed some antisceptic cream. We were asked to use it for 5 days and stop but it only brings some improvement and then the spots are back again after few days (that are very itchy as well). Regardless, whether the spots are there or not his skin on his sculp is always quite red. What should I do next and what can that be? Will be grateful if you can even only forward ant suggestions. Aga
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012