Infant having rashes spreading over the body. Swollen lymph nodes on the neck, purple bruises on the arm

Hi mt name is Sheryl, I have a 16 month old son who has had a red rash slowly spreading all over his body, some of the rash is his skin colour but turns bright red sometimes, he has swollen lymph glands on his neck , he has some purple looking bruises under his arm that had been spreading over the last two wees. I have seen a doctor he wanted to do some blood tests but my son seemed so happy we decided to leave it a week and see if the rash goes. Since seeing the doctor the rash has spread up both arms and is slowly starting on his back should i take him straight back to the doctors, or wait and see what happens as he still seems fine apart from the rash.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013