Infant having itchy rashes on the arms spreading to legs and back. Swelling in the hands with blisters accompanied by fever. Allergy?

My grandaughter is 19 months old and has developed a rash thats started on her arms. We took her to the doctor and she said it was alergies. The rash has spread to the palms of her hands, legs and a litte on her back. Her hands are swollen and have blisters on them. She cries because of the itching ad she just rubs them together constantly. the doctor said it will disappear, however this has been two weeks now. She also has a runny nose and a low grade fever . About 2 months ago she had hand, foot and mouth virus and I wonder if this is something that could be holding on from that. My oldest daughter has always had alergies and this is not an alergic reaction. Something is wrong, she is ill. Any idea would be wonderful! I can find nothing strong enough to hep the itching even with the dooctor giving us 2% cortisone . Thank you so much for any hep!
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012