Infant having high fever, reduced intake of food. Blood test done. Prescribed with dolopar and phenobarbitone. Precautions to be taken against frequent infections?

my son of 20mnth, was suffering from high fever in the night. in the morning he refused to take any food or milk. few hrs after, his eyes started closing down and his head were rolling down on my shoulders. soon we took him to the child doctor. he asked us for the blood test for the baby. in the report the TLC count came to 0000. doctor prescribed dolopar syrup, phenobarbitone (gardenal) syrup and asked to admit him for 2 days in the hospital. the baby was put on few anti biotic injections & drip was put on. my son does not like foods. he rarely open his mouth for any solid foods. we tried everything but failed to increase his interest in solid foods. kindly suggest me what to do, so that my son does not get ill often and so that he remain far from infections.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012