Infant having frequent vomiting throughout the day, has low appetite, prescribed oflomac forte, dialex. Suggestion?

Sir, Seven month old baby boy suffering from vomitings ( 2 to 3 times a day) since past two days.Not taking milk or Cerelac by wish, we need to divert and try alot to feed him.Our doctor suggested below listed syrups..oflomac forte, dialex syrup, meftal spas and periset. What could be the cause, am anxious since i am currently out of station and will catch up with him only after a day.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
The major concern is vomiting so periset will be sufficient. You can give him Domstal syrup 2.5 ml 3-4 times a day. Oflamac forte is an antibiotic, meftal spas an antispasmodic and dialex syp an airway dilator used in bronchospasm.
Out of these dialex itself can cause vomiting and abdominal discomfort as side effects. I could not be able to understand why he has prescribed so many drugs. He must have found some signs on clinical examination justifying use of all these medicines. You just ask him to get rid of your anxiety.
As you are out of station I would suggest you try to find out the culprit item in food and avoid that.
Give him Domstal as advised. Even if vomiting persists then take him to any health worker and give him injection 0.15 ml (Intramuscular)
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
With regards