Infant having fever, twitchy, vomited twice. Reason?

Hi Dr, I have a 13 month old boy who has a temp of 40 degrees c. He has also been a little bit twitchy and has vomited twice today after a small bit of food at breakfast. He is not a sicky baby, so its very out of the ordinary. He has not eaten since, and will not drink his milk from his bottle, or even take water from his cup.... what do you advise please. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 31 Oct 2013
Hi
Your baby is having gastritis which us mostly viral and settles in few days.
I suggest you to give some anti emetic like domperidone in prescribed dose.
Give acetaminophen when fever is above 100F.
Give fluids in small sips so as to maintain hydration.
In case vomiting persist get evaluated by pediatrician for further management.

Hope this helps.
God bless

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.